Loading....
Left Curtain

Theatre Seven of Chicago

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Backstage from Intermission of Opening Night

Good first act. I repeated myself once during the scripted intro Carlos wrote for the show on Friday afternoon. The intro makes me more nervous than any of the lines in the play proper. It's very strange to read lines while playing yourself...

We turned out an audience of 60some for the show tonight. Very happy about that. We have 9 press folks and the Jeff Committee in the audience, and no one seems too nervous about that.

In the cast "moment" before the show, Salinas gave us the tongue-in-cheek "let's go out there and tell the truth" pep talk he promised he would on opening night. It was as funny as planned.

Everyone is doing great. I so wish that I could share this night with my lovely, Tracey, who is on a plane right now headed for Rome to visit her kid sis who is studying abroad. Hole in my heart. But it's good to have the show to take my mind off things...

...ok, time to go back on stage...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Right Curtain